Friday, April 24, 2009

Step up President Obama


In chasing a few rabbits on the struggle of the black farmer this morning on the web, I ran across this painting. I have not heard of the artist, but plan to find out more. It moves me in a variety of ways. What does it do to you?

There is quite a bit of rhetoric on various blog pages and others as well these days as to why President Obama is not supporting a movement that he endorsed when he was in congress. That perplexes me as well. $100 million set aside by congress was only a "starting point," and we all figured it would take more to address grievances of those who were disallowed from entering the Pigford Class Action Suit.

We'll see how it goes. I'm not encouraged. Neither are some of my other friends, those who work on both sides of the isle and those who skin is dark or light.